Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Partial Page loading using webpart

Hey,

sorry for posting again about almost the same topic, but i think i described my question in a wrong way:

I want to have a partial loading of my page - the main content is displayed immediately, while i call some external REST web service, wait for the results and display them as soon as they are ready. Since I want to add this functionality in many places, I need to create a web part. Can you help me how to implement the following:

- a web part that is able to display the results of an asynchronously called rest web service while the rest of the page is already finished

- during the function call, a waiting animation should be displayed

The important thing is that the function call has to be triggered during the page load, not by a button or something on the client side.

I already implemented the thing above using updatepanel, updateprogress, and timer. That works great, but only outside a web part :-(

Can you help me?

Best regards,

Sebastian


Web Part inside Update Panle is not suppored for partial postback.

See the more details

http://forums.asp.net/t/1066700.aspx


Well,

the web part is not inside an update panel but itself contains one...


Can you post some code details..

So it will be more helpful to me & others to solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment