Wednesday, March 28, 2012

PageMethod called within User Control (ascx)

Hi all,

I am trying to call a PageMethod on an AutoComplete extender within an ascx (user control). I am able to do so when the extender sits directly on an ASPX (web form) but would like to reuse the component.

I know to decorate the method with [WebMethod] and [ScriptMethod] attributes and also to make the method static. I know, too, that the parameter names must match the expected signature.

Is it possible to place Page Methods within User Controls or do they have to sit on ASPX pages?

Thanks in advance,

MIKE

I have seen a couple of blog posts saying no and I was trying to do something similar last night and couldn't make it work. I would really perfer the AutoComplete extender and the NumericUpDown extender to have the option to fire events or at least non static methods but I don't think that will be possible under the current Ajax setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment