Saturday, March 24, 2012

PageRequestManagerServerErrorException with 500 error code

In javascript I'm setting the value property of a button within an update panel before calling click() on the button to refresh the update panel. (I need to refresh an update panel and pass extra data on the callback, and no one on this forum has yet described a better way of doing it than this.)

This was all working in tests that I did last week, but I'm now getting the following error message box in IE:

"Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unkown error ocurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500"

Any ideas?

I have the same error but on a couple of dropdown which update one another's datesource with updatePanels.

If i change the value of the first dropdown for several times, always the third tine gives this error.

I found on a post the setting TRACE off resolves but not for me.

Any ideas ?

Just try to change frequently some controls which use updatepanels (for other controls) and see what's happen.

Thank's

Sorin


I found also that If I have more than 3 UpdatePanels in a Page I get this error after 3 callbacks.

If I have on page Trace="false"and "EnableEventValidation="true"

I get this error:

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@. Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

Thank's again


I've also tried setting the value of a hidden field and a hidden textbox and both raise the same error.

I cannot even paste data into a textbox and then do a postback without getting this error.

I'm also EXTREMELY TIRED OF MICROSOFT IGNORING ALL OF MY POSTS!!!!!!!!!!! Angry

No comments:

Post a Comment