Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Page.IsCallback equivalent

What is the Atlas equivalent to the value returned by Page.IsCallback?

As I understand it, since the call is just an intercepted postback, Page.IsPostBack will be True on an Atlas callback. I don't think there is a way to tell if you're dealing with a "True" PostBack or a callback, but I also don't think the event could be called more than one way, so if you need to check later on in your code how you got to where you are, set a member variable in the event handler.


ScriptManager.GetCurrent(Page).IsInPartialRenderingMode

Thanks folks. I had noticedIsInPartialRenderingMode and found it seems to do the job. I do need a definitive answer as it affects how I create my products. Can anyone of the Atlas team chime in?


hello.

as you can see, i'm not in the atlas team. however, i'd like to confirm Rama's answer. btw, currently, a partial postaback is identified by a header called delta which has its value set to true during a partial postback. during the init event, the scriptmanager control looks for that header, and when it has the value true, it initializes the _inPartialRenderingMode field which is used to "feed" the result of the IsInPartialRenderingMode property.

No comments:

Post a Comment