Wednesday, March 21, 2012

ParserErrorException when Edit button on Datagrid pressed

I have a datagrid control wrapped in an UpdatePanel. There are Edit/Delete ImageButton's for each row. The first time I press the Edit butonn (setsEditItemIndex = -1) the ubiquitous Sys.Webforms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException; The message from the server could not be parsed...

Subsequently, pressing the edit button prooduces the desired results.

Any ideas with this strange behavior are appreciated.

TIA

Hi,

Please refer to this:http://siderite.blogspot.com/2007/02/aspnet-ajax-and-responsewrite-or.html

It gives a full explanation of it. Hope this helps.

NOTE:This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.


I also face this kind of problem - 'Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerPerserErrorException:'. So far I
understand this happen when there is some unrecongnize html render or event occurs. I'm also not very clear.

But I solve the issue by set the attribute EnableEventValidation="false" in the ASPX page, where I place my
UpdatePanel.

Thanks
I also face this kind of problem - 'Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerPerserErrorException:'. So far I
understand this happen when there is some unrecongnize html render or event occurs. I'm also not very clear.

But I solve the issue by set the attribute EnableEventValidation="false" in the ASPX page, where I place my
UpdatePanel.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment